Friday, April 30, 2010

process or the result.

I just realised my last post is on March 16. and today i will putting in some last-ditched effort to try to pull back my ace points for the term. i will be blogging about my past events in the Nationals Track and Field Competition. the day before my 4oom hurdles race, I was talking to my friends," how nice it would have been if I had gotten a medal." and it was then did my senior said to me, "the medal is not important. The process is more important." I did not care about what my senior had said, and all I wanted was to get a medal for my 400m hurdles. On the final day, while I was running on the track with seven runners beside me, I got nervous when people overtook me and did not focus well on the race. As a result, I got eighth for my race. Of course when I finished, I was very disappointed with my result, because I was the sixth qualifier for the 400m hurdles race, and in the end I ended up being the last one to complete the race, but I knew I had not put in effort for the race, and I have nothing to complain. I did not focus well on the process and hence I did not get a good result, and hence I would think that the process is more important than the result. It does not matter what do you get in the end, but as long as I put in effort, I know I have nothing to regret.
The same thing applies for your studies. We must focus on the process and not the result. Hence, if you want to get a good grade for your subject, you must put in effort in revising and must not think that you can get a good grade without studying for it. Hence, if you want to get a good grade, and you put in effort, you can count on yourself to get a good grade. An example of me is that I did not bother studying for my chinese test. I thought that my chinese grade was good enough to get a A2, or A1, and thus I did not study for the test. Hence, in the end, I ended up with a C5. This is proof that you must study and not focus on the result. If you want to get a good grade, and you don't put in effort, you will end up like me.
Hence, I shall conclude this blog post with the conclusion that the process matters more than the result, and we must not be thinking of the result all the time, and don't put in effort. thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment